The International Dairy Federation (FIL) Cheese Science and Technology Symposium, is presented every four years in different countries around the world. In June 2020, we expect 400 researchers, cheese experts and industrial representatives from over 30 countries at the event that is back in Canada after 20 years.
With the event taking place in beautiful Quebec City 1-5 June 2020, we are pleased to announce the following key note speakers:
• Ylva Ardö, Emeritus Professor, Copenhagen University, Department of Food Science: "Chemical characterisation of cheese varieties, a review"
• Paul Cotter, Teagasc Food Research Centre, Moorepark, Fermoy, Co. Cork:"Multomics to unravel microbe-flavour relationships in cheese"
• Valérie Gagnaire, UMR Science & Technologie du Lait et de l'Oeuf (STLO) Agrocampus Ouest, France: "Overview on new designer cheese - from specialized starters to personalized cheeses"
• Eileen Gibney, University College Dublin, Institute of Food and Health, Ireland: "Dairy consumption and metabolic health: a focus on cheese"
• John A Lucey, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA: "Using casein chemistry and rheological methods to both design and monitor cheese performance"
The parallel events have also launched their preliminary or final programme:
Novalait Forum Techno
• Sylvain Moineau, Laval University, Quebec, Canada: “Phages in dairy products”
• Steve Labrie, Laval University, Quebec, Canada:“Searching the microflora of local milk and cheeses”
• Simon Dufour, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada:“Recycled manure bedding; recommendations for safe use to protect milk quality”
FIL-IDF Canada Dairy Outlook Seminar
• Thomas Mulcair, University of Montreal, former leader of the Democratic Party of Canada: “Dairy: a key part of a sustainable diet?”
The International Dairy Federation (FIL) Cheese Science and Technology Symposium, is presented every four years in different countries around the world. For more visit fil-idfcheese2020.com
Source: IDFAuthor: COX